There are approximately 34,000 operating franchisees
turning over £10 Billion and almost 97% of franchisees
being in profit after five years compared to 45% of
other independent business. Buying a franchise business
in the UK still presents a fantastic opportunity to
succeed when you go it alone. (Source: British Franchise
Buying a franchise can be a quick way to set up your own
business without starting from scratch. There are many
advantages to the franchisee which include the
- Your business is based on a proven idea.
- You can use a recognised brand name and trade marks.
- You benefit from any advertising or promotion by the
owner of the franchise - the "franchisor".
- The franchisor gives you the support, full training,
help setting up the business as well as a manual telling
you how to run the business and ongoing advice.
- You usually have exclusive rights in your territory. The
franchisor won't sell any other franchises in the same
- Financing the business may be easier. Banks are
sometimes more likely to lend money to buy a franchise
with a good reputation.